Penwaun Bach is a detached cottage in an idyllic setting for a couple wishing to enjoy glorious scenery. Set in the beautiful and historic Nevern valley of North Pembrokeshire and within the National Park with lawned gardens, orchards and paddocks, the cottage has wonderful views from the windows.
A path leads from the cottage through the woods on the riverbank, full of white anemones and bluebells in the spring. All this is yours to enjoy and explore in peace and tranquillity as there are no close neighbours.
There’s no need to move from the house windows or garden to watch fascinating wildlife including buzzards, red kites, herons, robins, blue tits, nuthatches, woodpeckers and sometimes the flash of blue as a kingfisher darts up the river; you may be lucky enough to see otters too.
Nevern has an early Norman Church with a 1000-year-old Celtic cross in its churchyard, an ancient pilgrims’ cross carved into rock, an ancient Castle and a village pub.
Whether you need supplies, want to enjoy a meal out or find activities, Newport is just 2 miles away with its restaurants, shops and beaches. There are a variety of cafes, pubs and takeaways, including the dog-friendly Castle Inn, or Blas at Fronlas cafe. Newport Sands, with its Surf Club and ice cream shop, is perfect for water activities or relaxing on the beach, and the area is ideal for walking, whether in the Preseli Hills or along the Pembrokeshire Coast Path.
Penwaun Bach sleeps 2 in 1 kingsize. There is a sofa bed in the living room which can accommodate a further 2 guests on request. All the accommodation is on one level with 2 steps down to the bedroom, so it may suit guests with restricted mobility
Bedroom 1: king size, doors opening onto a slate terrace
Bathroom: bath with shower over, toilet, hand basin
Open plan living area with…
Lounge area: 2-seater sofa, 2-seater sofa bed, armchair, radio/CD player with USB or wired input, there is no TV so this really is an escape from everyday life
Kitchen/dining area: gas hob, electric oven, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, table and chairs to seat 4 Porch: boot shelves, clothes hook
The garden and paddock are all around the cottage. Garden furniture and a BBQ are provided. Steep steps lead down to the river. There is parking for 2 cars
- Bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- Please bring your own bedding for the sofa bed
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- LPG underfloor central heating • Heating and electricity included
- Free WiFi
- 1 well-behaved dog welcome at £20 each per week but please don’t allow your dog down the step to the bedrooms or onto sofas or chairs
- Up to 3 horses welcome by prior arrangement at £30 per horse per week
- Other Information Penwaun Bach is available on its own in low season but may be booked for a larger party with nearby Penwaun (sleeping 7) throughout the year at a 10% discount for the 2 properties. Please enquire if you would like to use both. In order to ensure that the cottages and grounds are exclusively for the enjoyment of one group, Penwaun Bach is not shown as available at the same time as Penwaun. Please enquire if unavailable is shown.