Less than a mile from the sandy beach at New Quay on Cardigan Bay and with its own private hot tub, this traditional romantic 18th century stone cottage is now a cosy holiday home for couples, walkers and families. Originally a working smithy, Ty Top leaves the hustle and bustle of New Quay behind so you can relax in the hot tub in your private garden or take one of the many woodland walks available from the doorstep.
The pretty seaside town of New Quay offers a variety of local shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants within ¾ of a mile walk. Dolphin-spotting boat trips can be taken from the harbour and you can hire kayaks to paddle along the coast. New Quay is known for its colourful harbour and three sandy beaches, making it a favourite holiday resort for families.
Located on a quiet no through road in the small village of Maenygroes, the cottage has sea views from some of the upstairs windows and on a clear day you can see North Wales as far as Bardsey Island.
Maenygroes is on the main bus route which can shuttle you up and down the coast, allowing you to walk the Ceredigion Coastal Path and enjoy the breathtaking scenery and spot some of our treasured wildlife such as dolphins and grey seals.
Ty Top sleeps 4 adults and 2 children in 3 upstairs bedrooms: 1 king size plus day bed, a double and a single
Bedroom 1: king size bed, chest of drawers, touch lamps, traditional wrought iron day bed, which converts to a full size single bed or can be used as a sofa
Bedroom 2: double bed, touch lamps, chest of drawers and wardrobe
Bedroom 3: single bed, chest of drawers and touch lamp
Bathroom: shower over the bath, WC, wash hand basin, large mirror with light and shaving point
Living room: three seater sofa and 2 x two seater sofas, Smart TV, iPod dock, wood burner, books and various board games
Kitchen/diner: electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, integrated fridge and freezer, four slice toaster, radio, large rustic pine dining table that seats 6
The kitchen door opens on to a large paved patio area with a luxurious 6 seater hot tub. Steps lead up to a large raised lawn and a dining area surrounded by mature rose bushes with seating for 6 and a BB for alfresco dining. In addition, there is a top patio with seating that gives the feeling of a hidden garden in the summer as it is surrounded by mature plants. There are 2 allocated parking spaces; the bridle path has access over these so please park to one side.
- Bed linen and towels provided, not beach towels
- Travel cot, highchair and stair gate available, bring your own cot bedding
- Oil central heating
- Heating and electricity included
- First basket of logs provided, more available to purchase locally
- Hot tub cleaned and refilled between bookings so may not be available on your day of arrival
- Free WiFi
- Tesco and Asda will deliver to the cottage
- 4 well-behaved dogs welcome at £15 each per stay (dogs are not allowed upstairs or in the hot tub. Any damage caused by dogs must be paid for)
- No smoking
- We welcome guests who will enjoy the quiet relaxing atmosphere of Ty Top, we do not accept bookings for stag and hen type parties or get-togethers or large groups of young people. Perfect for couples or families who want to get away from it all.