Frondeg is set in a deep valley in the unspoilt and secluded hamlet of Nanternis near New Quay, Ceredigion. It is a perfect base for walkers and nature lovers, with the lane just opposite the cottage joining a footpath leading to the Ceredigion Coastal Path. The footpath follows the course of the river through woodland, past a waterfall and then opens out into National Trust land before you reach Cwmsilio Bay. From here you can walk either north or south along the scenic Coastal Path, where you may be lucky enough to spot seals, bottlenose dolphins, red kites and buzzards. During the spring and summer months the area is abundant with wild flowers, including orchids.
The cottage is just 2 miles south of New Quay on the west coast of Wales. New Quay has the dog friendly beach of Cei Bach as well as 2 other beaches accessible from the town. There is a marked swimming area in New Quay that is patrolled by RNLI lifeguards during the swimming season up to 1st September. New Quay is equidistant between the coastal market towns of Aberystwyth and Cardigan. Both towns have all the usual shops and amenities including large supermarkets. The picturesque Georgian harbour town of Aberaeron is just 7 miles north which has restaurants, coffee shops and a craft centre. All the towns sell local produce.
The cottage is also on marked cycle routes and there is a lockable garage available nearby to store your bikes.
The owner lives a mile away and is available to give advice or help if needed. A supply of logs is stored in the lounge by the wood burner so you don’t need to carry them in.
Frondeg is a detached cottage sleeping 6 in 3 first floor bedrooms: 1 double and 2 twins.
Bedroom 1: double bed, bedside tables
Bedroom 2: twin beds, bedside table, chest of drawers
Bedroom 3: twin beds, bedside tables, bookshelf, chair
Bathroom: bath, wash basin, separate shower, heated towel rail, WC
Living room: two large sofas, 26” flat screen TV, DVD player, wood burning stove
Kitchen/diner: oil-fired Rayburn stove, electric fan cooker, dishwasher, larder fridge, table seating 6, high chair available, CD player
Utility room: fridge-freezer, washing machine, microwave, separate WC
Secure garden for dogs set out in terraces with seating area and barbecue. Use of lockable garage for car or bikes, a short walk from the cottage. Parking available in the lane for 3 cars.
- Bed linen and tea towels are provided, please bring your own towels and beach towels
- Cot and high chair available, please bring your own cot bedding
- Electric storage heaters in lounge and bedrooms
- Electricity included
- First basket of logs provided for free. More can be purchased locally
- Free WiFi
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs are permitted at no charge; more dogs may be allowed by prior arrangement. Very large dogs are only permitted at the discretion of the cottage owner. A dog cage may be provided if required
- You can place an online Tesco order for delivery after midday ready for your arrival
- There is a landline in Frondeg for incoming calls (Mobile phone signal can be intermittent in this village)
- No smoking in the cottage
- £50 refundable damages deposit required