Pembrey Country Park and Beach is set in 500 acres of glorious parkland, just a few minutes’ drive from the village itself. There are a number of peaceful woodland trails and parkland paths for you to explore on foot or by bike. Enjoy riding Wales’ longest toboggan run and skiing, snowboarding and tubing down the 130-metre dry slope.
At the southern edge of Pembrey Country Park are the dunes and beach of Cefn Sidan – Wales’ longest beach at 8 miles in length. This beach has magnificent views as far west as Caldey, over to Lundy, then sweeping round to the Gower Peninsula.
The 3.5-mile walk from Burry Port Harbour to Pembrey Country Park is the last section of the Millennium Coastal Path. It’s also part of the 67-miles of Wales Coast Path that runs through Carmarthenshire.
Our favourite things to do in Pembrey
- Visit Pembrey Country Park for outdoor activities.
- Relax on the sandy beaches of Cefn Sidan.
- Explore Pembrey’s historical sites and landmarks.
- Attend local events or festivals in Pembrey.
- Experience the natural beauty of Pembrey.